Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's Quite Amazing...

...how our thoughts are controlled by songs and music. We are bred to think like our parents, but somewhere along the line, music warps us. We become what society has shaped us into because of music. We explain ourselves with songs that have already been written. How... uninspired....
I find, that, if given the right amount of time, I can become quite... philosophical.
I was thinking, the other day, that if we hadn't seen and heard about other people's lives, we wouldn't complain about our own. My friend pointed out, though, that our lives that we never complain about could be horribly wrong. For instance, if someone had grown up being molested, but didn't realize it was wrong, they would come to look foward to it. It would become part of their daily routine. School and work are things we know is coming, and we've grown used to it. We may not like it, but we know we have to deal with it anyway... the same goes for the child that gets molested everyday because she doesn't know to go to anyone. Say, it was impertinant to complain about one's life.... Would one be frowned upon for trying to get away from said life?
People seem to pity those who don't quite meet the "good" standard. People who don't have brand name clothes, people who shop at Wal-mart, people who don't have much money. What does it take to be happy? I've often found it is not money, but the simple things, such as hanging out with friends, or being with animals, in my case. Playing a favorite instrument, listening to music (though I think I just contradicted myself), the small things that don't cost money.... Isn't that true happiness? Then again, who am I to say what happiness is?